Fairlight’s foley sampler gives you a tactile way to to add sound effects…
It might not be a feature you’ve noticed before, but it’s a really cool tool for sound design. You can click buttons on screen or even connect a midi keyboard controller.
Sounds nice, but is it hard to set up?
This helpful video from Ripple Training will show you:
- 01:22 – Applying the Foley Sampler
- 01:51 – Adding Sounds to the Foley Sampler
- 02:29 – Understanding the Keyboard Mapping
- 03:57 – Adjusting the Sampled Section
- 04:42 – Splitting the Sample
- 06:53 – Mapping the Samples to Individual Keys
- 07:53 – Recording with the Foley Sampler
- 09:32 – Viewing Your Takes
- 11:13 – Looping a Sample
I’m definitely looking forward to trying this with a midi keyboard. Have you used it? What do you think?