This is the guide to ACES you’ve been waiting for.
It’s a really well-produced overview of what ACES is, how it works, and how to set it up in Resolve.
It also includes lots of examples of possible workflows and other variables to keep in mind as you work.
Created for Netflix by Diego Yhamá, this video will teach you:
- 00:00 – What is ACES?
- 03:44 – ACES Pipeline
- 06:14 – Project settings ACES
- 10:08 – Import Raw Files
- 12:57 – Import Compressed Files
- 15:18 – Setting up the IDT in the color page
- 16:03 – Import DCTL for an IDT
- 18:08 – Working with graphic files
- 18:48 – Working with ACES ST 2065-1 files
- 20:00 – Blue Highlight Problem
This is a workflow you should know about if your production is using ACES.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.