If you’re editing live events, documentaries, educational programs, or anything else with multiple cameras running at the same time – this is for you.
DaVinci Resolve features a powerful multi-cam edit feature that helps you to sync and switch between camera angles so you can assemble your timeline quickly.
In this video from Blackmagic Design, you’ll learn about:
- Creating a multicam clip
- Auto aligning clips
- Inserting multicam clip into timeline
- Switch multicam clip angle
- Flattening the multicam clip
- Creating a multicam clip from a bin
- Selecting the correct audio
- Changing source viewer to multicam setting
- Editing between angles using single clicks in multicam mode
- Adjusting the edit
- Replacing an angle
Follow along with this lesson and download the project files from Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve Training Page.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.