Want to add a countdown to your video? Here’s a great looking timer tutorial.
Once challenge when creating timers is changing the length or starting point.
Using this method, the shape and countdown timer are dynamic! They controls and expressions that are relative to the length of the Fusion compositon.
That means you’re able to add this in a video track above your footage, and then resize it to your liking.
In this video from SUALVI, you’ll learn about:
- 00:00 Creating a Timer In DaVinci Resolve
- 01:25 Animating with Anim Curves
- 03:20 How dynamic macros work in DaVinci
- 03:30 Adding expression in DaVinci Resolve
- 04:25 Creating a custom control in Fusion
- 05:50 Creating node instances
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.