If you’ve figured out the basics of Fusion – like how to merge text over a background, or animate a logo – and you want to move on to more advanced shots, here’s a video for you.
In this tutorial by Casey Faris, you’ll glean some knowledge about putting elements behind objects in your footage, adding grain to match the scene, how blur helps sell the effect, and robots.
Follow along and you’ll learn about
- Luma keying to remove a background from an element
- Resizing elements using a merge
- Masking objects
- Using Lens blur to defocus an object
- Color correction to match elements in a scene
- Re-lighting & film grain to bring it all together
And now you’re ready to create your own robot invasion. Have fun!
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.