This is a popular effect for good reason.
It looks cool!
It’s a fun and simple way to draw your attention to a person or object.
In this video from Casey Faris, you’ll learn about:
- Adding a Freeze Frame with Retime Controls
- Opening the clip in Fusion
- Adding a Matte Control tool
- Cutting out your subject with a polygon mask
- Adding a color stroke around your subject
- Animating the stroke with a polyline stroke in the Paint Tool
- Inserting and styling Text
- Drawing an arrow and animating it
- Scaling the whole effect separate from the background
- Adjusting timing using Spline panel
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.