DaVinci Resolve includes a 3D Keyer OFX tool, is it any good for green screen keying?
Let’s find out.
For a complex shot or best quality VFX results, you’ll likely want to use a full compositing tool like Fusion. But that’s not always what you need!
For creating a quick or temporary composite right in the Edit page, using the 3D Keyer effect may do the trick.
If you want a complete guide to how the 3D Keyer works and how it compares with other options, this is the tutorial for you!
In this video from VFXstudy, you’ll learn about:
- 00:48 – Simple Green Screen Keying with 3D Keyer
- 05:17 – HSL Qualifier
- 08:28 – 3D Keyer for HSL selection
- 12:29 – Tuning the Key Parameters
- 14:49 – Matte Finesse
- 17:55 – HSL vs RGB vs 3D on Green Screen
- 21:35 – Color Difference – Advantange of the Delta Keyer
- 23:18 – Working with uneven Background
- 27:57 – Further Advantages for advanced Keying in Fusion
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.