Are you curious about the cut page? If you’re a seasoned pro with Resolve, this recent addition may be a bit of a mystery.
If you’re new to both Resolve and editing, the cut page could be your new best friend!
Check out this great intro to the Cut page from Darren Mostyn.
Here’s a brief overview of what’s covered:
- Intro to the Cut page and why you might want to use it
- Overview of the features
- Advantages of using Source Tape
- How to Edit your clips
- All about the dynamic ripple timeline
- Using Smart Insert for quickly adding clips
- How to replace shots
- Inserting and editing transitions
- Adding and editing audio
- Exporting directly from the Cut page
I’ve recently come around to using the Cut page and found it to be quite powerful for quick edits. Especially when combined with the new Speed Editor.
How do you like the cut page? Comment below!