Want to add some animated maps to your videos? It’s a common motion graphic used in news, documentaries, and other educational content.
With some fairly simple tools, you can build a nice looking map in 3D space using existing imagery.
In this video from MotionEpicFX, you’ll learn about:
- Adding Map image to timeline
- Resizing the image
- Creating a mask using polygon and lumakeyer
- Border width animation options
- Merging together elements
- Rotating image with DVE node
- Putting the image into 3D space
- Setting a target for camera node
- Adding 3D text
- Depth of field blur
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.