Now that DaVinci Resolve supports USD files, you have a ton of new tools for opening or creating 3D scenes.
Since the announcement of DaVinci Resolve 18.5 and support for the Universal Scene Description (USD) file format,
You can learn more about USDs at the official website, OpenUSD.org.
In this video from Color Grading Insights, you’ll learn about:
- Adding USD files to the project
- Enabling lighting in the viewer
- Inserting USDs into the Fusion node area
- Connecting models with uMerge
- Moving and resizing elements with uTransform tool
- Adding a Dome light tool
- Placing a camera into the scene
- Adding new objects with uShape
- Adding textures to surfaces
- Additional lighting tools
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.