This is a release I’m especially excited for… the new Surface Tracker is now available in Fusion!
It’s a great tool for VFX workflows, so it makes more sense to me for it to be used there rather than the color page (though you can use it wherever it makes sense for you!)
Lots of other bugs have been fixed too.
This software update adds support for Resolve FX surface tracker in the Fusion page, allows exporting IMSC1 or DFXP subtitles directly from the edit page as well as the ability to drag different formats into the Fairlight timeline to create matching tracks. In addition, this update adds improvements to some 3D plug-in loading in Fusion, improved refresh function when changing stroke softness for Fusion paint, improved post-filter map finesse with fewer artifacts for Resolve FX Depth Map, addressed inconsistent navigation for clip markers in the Fairlight timeline as well as general performance and stability improvements.
Complete list of updates below.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 18 Public Beta 4
- Support for Resolve FX Surface Tracker in the Fusion page.
- Automatic initialization of mesh boundary overlay in Resolve FX Surface Tracker.
- Improved post-filter map finesse with fewer artefacts for Resolve FX Depth Map.
- Ability to export IMSC1 or DFXP subtitles from the track header context menu.
- Ctrl/Cmd dragging different formats to Fairlight timeline now creates matching tracks.
- Addressed an issue where reloading bins in collaboration would sometimes not work.
- Addressed incorrect metadata mapping when importing some CSVs.
- Addressed render in place ignoring renames for compound clips in the edit page.
- Addressed order of timeline edits when importing files from Finder in the edit page.
- Addressed accidental selection of transform overlays when clicking in the edit viewer.
- Addressed accidental keyframe creation for some actions in the edit curves panel.
- Addressed issues with Open FX keyframes in the edit page.
- Addressed a refresh issue when enabling display individual audio channels in edit.
- Middle clicking a clip in Fusion will no longer overwrite compositions.
- Addressed an issue where some 3D plugins could not be loaded in Fusion.
- Addressed a refresh issue when changing stroke softness for Fusion paint.
- Addressed incorrect previews for some Fusion comps on multi-track compound clips.
- Addressed issues with Resolve FX zoom blur and chromatic adaptation in Fusion.
- Addressed a stability issue when previewing renders on Fusion views.
- Addressed an undo issue with font names in Text+.
- Addressed an issue retaining automation when decomposing timelines.
- Addressed inconsistent navigation for clip markers in the Fairlight timeline.
- Addressed ADR showing hidden tracks as record or guide options.
- Addressed an issue with Dolby Atmos clip profiles when changing clip attributes.
- Addressed incorrect HDR processing of dark areas in some scenarios.
- Addressed an issue with moving power windows after saving project.
- Addressed an issue with glitches when moving the scopes window on Mac.
- Addressed an issue with encoding 96Khz AAC audio on Mac.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Please submit all feedback and bug reports via the public beta feedback forum on the Official Blackmagic Design website.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.