Looks like we’re getting some welcome performance upgrades in this one.
Better performance for timelines with lots of marker is a very good thing.
Improve grab all stills and a number of other fixes are all welcome.
These infrequent small updates make me wonder if the next big release is coming soon…
See below for list of all updates.
This software update adds faster loading of timelines with multiple markers and better handling of creation date metadata. It also adds improvements to the grab all stills function and audio scrubbing in the sync bin as well as support for monochrome decoding of ARRI RAW clips.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.1.4
- Improved load performance for timelines with a large number of markers.
- Ability to cancel the grab all stills process.
- Support for monochrome decode mode for ARRI raw clips.
- Sync bin views now use creation date instead of modified date.
- Creation date is now preserved by Proxy Generator.
- Addressed an issue with Resolve FX Dehaze in DaVinci Wide Gamut.
- Addressed missing audio when scrubbing in the sync bin.
- Duration markers created from in-out ranges now use the last set color.
- Addressed internet upload issues for file names with non-ascii characters.
- Addressed an intermittent issue trimming gaps with a speed editor.
- Addressed an issue with Resolve FX keyers on the Fusion page.
- Addressed an issue with delete empty tracks deleting locked tracks.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.