It’s been a busy day for Blackmagic Design.
There was the release of DaVinci Resolve for iPad.
There’s now a new update for Resolve.
This is a fairly minor update, but looks like there are some important fixes and updates.
Most notably, there’s a new version of the Speed Editor firmware to give it iPad Bluetooth support.
Next, some reported bugs with voice isolation seem to have been taken care of.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
Note: At the time of publishing, the BMD support page and forum have a slightly different list of changes. This list, which is longer, is from the post on the Blackmagic Design forum.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.1.2
• Updated Speed Editor firmware with iPad Bluetooth support.
• Improved voice isolation with ability to restore dry signal from mix control.
• Additional impact and balance preset for Fairlight multiband compressor.
• Addressed an issue using key lock with node sizing on Apple silicon.
• Addressed a crash when deleting some user transition presets.
• Addressed an issue with first frame and last frame source viewer controls.
• Addressed an issue when trimming some comps with anim curves.
• Addressed an issue loading paths with no locked keyframes.
• Addressed an issue with middle mouse scrolling the macro editor.
• Addressed an issue when trimming comps with background media.
• General performance and stability improvements.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.
10 thoughts on “DaVinci Resolve 18.1.2 Update”
This site is not affiliated with Blackmagic Design. For official support, please visit BlackmagicDesign.com/Support
PLEASE ISSUE EXPORT OP1A DNXHR O HD WHIT CLOSED CAPTION THE FILE EXPORTING WHITOUT CHANEL 01 OF AUDIO
Olá. eu uso o DaVinci Resolve versão gratuita.
EU não consigo exportar vídeos 4K na vertical. 2160 x 3840 60fps
O formato final fica quadrado? Alguém pode me ajudar?
é uma limitação da versão grátis… resolução máxima é 3840×2160, a limitação est;a no 2160, na vertical esse número deveria ser 3840, mas o teto liberado pela blackmagic é 2160, por isso fica quadrado
Please add the function of DaVinci to read cue markers from Wav Files
Thanks as always BM team!
Please add export for Dolby Vision Profiles please.
The thing I would like to see be added in the future would be GPU Accelerated rendering for the free Windows version. I would like for export times to be better and not reliant on the CPU to do the rendering, especially CUDA and even AV1.
Please add support for 32-bit float .wav audio
Boa tarde ao actualizar para versão 18.1.2 os projectos vao se apagar? Eu neste momento tenho versao 18
Please allow a higher audio bitrate than 192 when exporting to mp4. This restriction is so weird and, well, restricting.