With Blackmagic Design’s usual speed, we’ve got a number of fixes for DaVinci Resolve 18.1 after only a couple weeks.
Blackmagic RAW has been updated yet again, and this new version adds support for that.
The new Windows display scaling feature can now be overridden in preferences, and there are several issues that have been addressed.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.1.1
- Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 2.8.
- Preferences option to manually override display scaling on Windows.
- Addressed an issue with incorrect clip thumbnails on some systems.
- Addressed keyboard shortcuts for switching primaries.
- Addressed an issue rendering MXF clips with embedded captions.
- Addressed audio drops and artefacts when using voice isolation.
- Addressed audio clicks when monitoring after changing EQ type.
- Addressed a Text3D issue with characters with intersections.
- Addressed an issue importing tracking data in Fusion.
- Addressed an issue evaluating Group or Macro tool expressions.
- Addressed an issue with Text+ on old CPUs.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.