You certainly can’t accuse the Resolve dev team of slacking.
Less than a week after the 18.0 release, we’ve got our first update with a number of fixes from performance, to ACES, to cache files, to Fusion.
Today we released DaVinci Resolve 18.0.1 which includes a number of improvements, including fixing a problem with DNx support which means DNx clips will now appear online during scrubbing, stop and playback.
This update also addresses an issue when color grading using the DaVinci Resolve project library server, with power grade stills now able to be saved and used across multiple projects. When upgrading ACES projects to DaVinci Resolve 18, the correct input color space will now be chosen, making it faster and easier to start working on these projects.
Complete list of updates below.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 18.0.1
- Addressed issue with incorrectly generated DNxHR cache files.
- Addressed issues with grabbing power grade stills in network projects.
- Addressed incorrect IDT selection on upgraded ACES projects.
- Addressed a Mandelbrot color issue in Fusion on Apple silicon.
- Addressed a gain and gamma issue when normalizing Fusion viewers.
- Addressed possible gain issues with the duplicate tool in Fusion.
- Addressed a blend and jittering issue on duplicate tools with Apple silicon.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.