On the heels of the 17.0 release, Blackmagic has added a few more features plus Apple M1 Support in 17.1.
As with all updates thus far, it costs nothing to upgrade.
Here’s the full list of what’s new:
- Support for Apple Silicon based Mac OS systems.
- H.265 4:2:2 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel decode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel encode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- Support for GPU decoding of RED clips in OpenCL processing mode.
- Option to always perform copy and paste actions on selected color nodes.
- General performance and stability improvements.
You can update by going to the File menu within the app and select “Check for Updates” or go to the Blackmagic Support page.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.