On the heels of the 17.0 release, Blackmagic has added a few more features plus Apple M1 Support in 17.1.
As with all updates thus far, it costs nothing to upgrade.
Here’s the full list of what’s new:
- Support for Apple Silicon based Mac OS systems.
- H.265 4:2:2 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel decode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel encode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- Support for GPU decoding of RED clips in OpenCL processing mode.
- Option to always perform copy and paste actions on selected color nodes.
- General performance and stability improvements.
You can update by going to the File menu within the app and select “Check for Updates” or go to the Blackmagic Support page.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.