On the heels of the 17.0 release, Blackmagic has added a few more features plus Apple M1 Support in 17.1.
As with all updates thus far, it costs nothing to upgrade.
Here’s the full list of what’s new:
- Support for Apple Silicon based Mac OS systems.
- H.265 4:2:2 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel decode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- H.265 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 Intel encode support in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
- Support for GPU decoding of RED clips in OpenCL processing mode.
- Option to always perform copy and paste actions on selected color nodes.
- General performance and stability improvements.
You can update by going to the File menu within the app and select “Check for Updates” or go to the Blackmagic Support page.