Curious about the new Halation effect in Resolve? Here’s a video for you.
Halation originally came from film, where very bright lights would cause a halo effect.
It’s one of the more popular elements used in a film emulation workflow, but you can use it on its own if you like the look of it.
In this video from Darren Mostyn, you’ll learn about:
- 00:29 What is Halation?
- 01:32 Footage explained
- 02:14 My Color management settings*
- 02:50 BEGINNERS* – Forget color management
- 03:43 Applying DaVinci Resolve Halation OFX
- 13:14 Applying the Dehancer Halation Plugin
- 20:14 Wrap up and Conclusion.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.