If you’re not using color management for your projects, this is a great place to get acquainted with the concept.
In this video Casey Faris is joined by one of Blackmagic Design’s book authors and master trainer, Daria Fissoun.
You’ll get a great walkthrough of a few key points for Color Management:
- What is it?
- Learning the value of color management
- How is it different than a lut?
- Going into project settings and setting up color management
- Understanding the color management presets
- Diving into DaVinci Wide Gamut
- Color space aware controls
Naturally Daria has the inside info, and she explains the workflow and the benefits of DaVinci Wide Gamut in a clear and accessible way.
Yes, there’s lot of options, but now you should feel more comfortable playing with them.
Do you use color management for your projects?
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.