Need to move a project?
Whether you’re switching NLEs or sending a project from an editor to a colorist, this is a common task you’ll want to know how to do.
It’s not too difficult, but there are some problems you may run into so be sure to learn the details about EDLs, XMLs, etc.
In this video from Darren Mostyn, you’ll learn about:
- 00:22 Exporting a timeline from Premiere to Resolve Absolute Beginners
- 05:36 Scale or Set frame size in Premiere
- 08:30 Resolve scaling settings
- 09:10 Advanced timeline and XMLs
- 12:05 Exporting Reference Sequence
- 12:43 Importing to DaVinci Resolve
- 13:42 Adjusting scaling in Resolve
- 14:18 Importing the Reference File
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.