Particles are an endlessly useful tool for VFX, and Resolve’s particle system is super powerful.
But what is it and why use it?
Particle nodes are used for generating lots of duplicated objects that automatically animate based on customizable preferences.
They could be used for creating water, smoke, fire, dust, sparks, or cool backgrounds for your titles.
Before getting to a specific use case for them, it’s a good idea to get familiar with the tools.
In this video from That Modern Dude, you’ll learn about:
- 01:05 – Creating a Particle Scene
- 02:00 – pRender Node Overview
- 04:30 – pEmitter Node Overview
- 04:43 – pEmitter Region Overview
- 06:30 – pEmitter Controls Overview
- 12:05 – pEmitter Style Overview
- 15:07 – Particle Forces
- 19:21 – Harry Potter Magic Effect
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.