Want a better understanding of Resolve’s database system?
If you’re used to other programs that just use a project file that you save somewhere on your hard drive, this might be a big change.
But Resolve’s database system gives you a lot of flexibility for importing, saving, exporting, and backups. It just takes a little time to understand it.
In this video from Creative Video Tips, you’ll learn about:
- 00:32 – Auto Saves in DaVinci Resolve 17
- 01:39 – load project backups
- 02:13 – Disk Database Basics
- 02:28 – Find your DaVinci Resolve Database
- 03:24 – Folders for Organization
- 04:27 – Project Notes
- 05:03 – Dynamic Project Switching
- 05:50 – Database Deep Dive
- 06:52 – Copy from PostgreSQL Database
- 07:34 – Disconnect and Delete Database
- 08:02 – Connect Database
- 08:40 – Backup DaVinci Resolve Database Tutorial
- 09:03 – Restore DaVinci Resolve Database
- 09:51 – What is a Resolve Database?
- 10:38 – Move and Backup Projects
- 11:50 – Import Project +
- 12:11 – Export Project Archive
- 13:07 – Restore Project Archive
- 13:33 – Export DaVinci Resolve Timeline File
As you can see, there are a lot of features build into the project navigator.
Good luck and remember to back up your projects & databases!
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.