Just days after the 17.4 Update, we’ve got some more!
This one is all about addressing issues and stability. Definitely recommended, especially if you were having problems with 17.4.
Complete list of updates below.
As always, be sure to back up your database before updating.
For details, downloads, and update instructions, visit the Blackmagic Design Support Page.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve 17.4.1
- Improved frame based imports from Finder.
- Addressed an issue with HDR on viewers on Mac.
- Addressed an issue with banding on video clean feed on Mac.
- Addressed incorrect fades when trimming in the edit timeline.
- Addressed an issue displaying certain unicode characters in Text+.
- Addressed an issue where Text+ expressions would not work.
- Addressed slow playback for Text+ with character styling.
- Addressed retention of smart filters between projects.
- Addressed nested macros not rendering or showing previews in Fusion.
- Addressed incorrect Fusion viewer behavior with tablet input devices.
- Addressed trim interpolation for imported XML Dolby Vision metadata.
- Addressed incorrect PAR values on some Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Addressed issue with lost customized subtitle backgrounds.
- Addressed an issue with unintended markers on Sony MXF clips.
- Addressed a decoding issue with Panasonic XAVC clips on Mac.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.