Today Blackmagic Design introduced DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 Update which adds support for hardware accelerated decoding of H.264 10-bit formats on Macs running Apple M1 processors.
This update also improves reliability when restoring older database backups making it easier to work with projects from earlier versions of DaVinci Resolve, as well as providing better audio performance in various playback scenarios such as those including different sample rates.
In addition, this update includes an improved scripting API for setting multiple metadata values at a time, more accurate format metadata when rendering DNxHR clips and improved functionality for Resolve FX blanking fill when working with multilayer timelines. For Fusion there is better brightness for ambient light in 3D Camera setups and smoother render in place functionality for Fusion composition clips.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.1.1
- Support for Blackmagic RAW 2.1 Beta 4.
- 10-bit H.264 hardware decode support on Apple Silicon.
- Addressed an issue with restoring older database backups.
- Addressed issues with audio glitches in some playback scenarios.
- Addressed multiple issues with interlaced timelines.
- Addressed incorrect format metadata when rendering DNxHR clips.
- Addressed incorrect brightness for ambient light in 3D Camera setups.
- Addressed render in place issues for some fusion composition clips.
- Addressed issues with Resolve FX Blanking Fill in multi layer timelines.
- Improved scripting API for setting multiple metadata values at a time.
- Faster Sony 8K alpha playback on 2019 Mac Pro.
- General performance and stability improvements.
DaVinci Resolve 17.1.1 Update is available now as a free download from http://bmd.link/pqfCeC