In their series of free online workshops, Blackmagic Design presents:
Color Management & HDR Grading
Presented by Cullen Kelly
Cullen says, “If you’re interested in learning more about color management and HDR grading in Resolve, I’ll be hosting a webinar on these topics with Blackmagic Design on Tuesday 3/30 at 10am PDT. We’ll be discussing the core concepts underlying these tools, and exploring how they work in Resolve 17, covering ACES, Dolby Vision, and the new Davinci Wide Gamut Intermediate.”
Join us for this “watch & learn” workshop where we will review the following as well as some great new features introduced in DaVinci Resolve 17!
- How do we see and reproduce images?
- What is a color space?
- What is a color gamut?
- What is a tone curve?
Putting it all together
How color management utilizes these principles
Color management in Resolve
Resolve Color Management and DaVinci Wide Gamut Intermediate
SETTING THINGS UP IN RESOLVE
- Color management settings
- Display-referred (Davinci YRGB) vs. scene-referred grading
- Using Resolve Color Management
- Camera raw settings
- Input color space, timeline color space, and output color space
- Color space aware grading tools
- Using ACES Color Management
- IDTS, ODTs, and RRTs
- Comparing RCM and ACES
- Bringing HDR into the mix
- Understanding and using Dolby Vision & Best Practices
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.