Ready to make the switch? Here’s how to do it.
Choosing an NLE has a lot to do with your needs, what your clients want, and what you can afford.
If you’ve been using Premiere and are looking to start learning DaVinci Resolve, or make the switch completely, this guide is a great place to start.
In this video from Darren Mostyn, you’ll learn about:
- 01:30 Creating a Project In Resolve
- 02:49 Importing Media into DaVinci Resolve
- 04:00 Preference settings in DaVinci Resolve
- 05:39 Different Pages in DaVinci Resolve
- 07:06 Editing in DaVinci Resolve for Beginners
- 08:06 Workspaces in DaVinci Resolve VS Premiere
- 08:50 Inspector in DaVinci Resolve
- 10:00 Audio Mixing in DaVinci Resolve and Fairlight VS Audition
- 10:19 Sequence Settings in DaVinci Resolve
- 10:33 How to create a new sequence in DaVinci Resolve
- 10:48 Vertical Resolution in DaVinci Resolve
- 11:23 Effects & 3rd party plugins in DaVinci Resolve
- 11:50 How to Export in DaVinci Resolve
- 12:52 Color Grading in Resolve is EASY
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.