Mxing audio in Fairlight means you might want to know about buses.
No, not that kind of bus…
An audio bus! What is it? It’s a handy tool and concept you should know for mixing your audio.
In this video from Jason Yadlovski you’ll learn:
- 0:00 What is a Bus?
- 0:34 When to Use a Bus
- 2:21 Legacy Bus Setup – DR16 & Earlier
- 2:46 Default BUS1 in DR17
- 3:13 Digging Deeper
- 3:53 No Audio Problems Due to BUS1
- 4:08 Make Buses Visible
- 4:33 Sending Audio Track to a Bus
- 4:45 Renaming Buses
- 5:00 Sending Audio Track to a Main Out
- 6:09 Checking Patch Settings for Buses
- 7:08 How to add a Bus – Submix, Main Out, Etc.
- 7:58 Send Tracks to Submit
- 8:48 Send a Submix Bus to Main Out
- 9:55 Add a New Main Out Bus
- 10:37 Patch New Main Out
- 12:05 Bus Send vs Bus Output
- 13:54 VCA Groups
- 16:16 Answering Your Questions!
- 17:43 Bus Format
- 17:55 Bus Assign
- 18:51 Patch Settings
- 19:21 Creating New Main Outs
- 19:34 VCA vs BUS
Now you’re an expert on routing your audio!
It’s a lot to take in — be sure to practice so you’re able to handle your audio mixing tasks like a pro.