Running into compositing challenges while keying? Here are some workflow tips that will help.
Getting a great key, especially for a complex shot, is not a one node job. There are several steps needed to get the best possible result.
You may be experiencing lighting issues, jagged edges, grainy footage, green spill, or other common keying challenges.
In this video from VFXstudy, you’ll learn about:
- 02:22 – Preprocessing – Noise Removal and Color Correction
- 07:08 – Delta Keyer Basic Setup
- 08:38 – Clean Plate Tool
- 12:14 – Garbage and Solid Masks
- 19:26 – Despill
- 25:07 – Combining Despill, Mask and Background
- 27:27 – Background Matching
- 32:53 – Foreground Correction
- 35:05 – Edge Corrections and Edge Masks
- 43:38 – Complete Flow Walkthrough
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVresolve.com. He is a professional editor, having cut national commercials for major companies, and does color & VFX for indie films at Mask & Feather. He’s also a filmmaker, writing and directing shorts & features. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor and former marketing strategist for large brands.