Do you edit with music? The new grid feature in Fairlight makes it easy to edit to the beat.
Instead of looking at waveforms, or syncing things in another DAW, you can now tell Resolve to display a grid that let you line things up.
You can adjust time signature, BPM, and more to help make your music edits easier.
You’ll also see how to crossfade over a gap, which is a new features as of version 18.1.
In this video from Jason Yadlovski, you’ll learn about:
- 0:00 Edit to Beat & Crossfade Gaps
- 0:36 Crossfade Audio Over Gap
- 1:49 Adjusting Audio Crossfade
- 2:10 Edit to Be w/ New Grid Feature
- 2:21 Turn On Grid Tools
- 2:34 God Tool Overview & Options
- 5:19 Make Resolve Sets Beats Per Minute (BPM)
- 6:30 How to Edit Video to Beat
- 6:51 See Video Clips in Fairlight
- 7:32 Snapping to Grid
- 8:54 Pro Tip
Gedaly is the Managing Editor of DVResolve.com and a Blackmagic Design Certified Trainer. He’s edited commercials for major brands and has done color & VFX for independent films. He consults on post-production workflow and creating online education. Gedaly is the co-founder of Working.Actor, a former marketing manager for large brands, and creates original film projects with his production company Razee.